Online Family Handbook
Use these links to find handbook information about Pacific Elementary School.
- Forms for Families. This page includes links to back-to-school forms, as well as other important forms that you may need such as how to request special meals, what to do if you need the school to administer medicine to your child, etc.
- Staff List. Note that staff emails are usually first initial last firstname.lastname@example.org. For example, to email Superintendent/Principal Eric Gross, email email@example.com.
- School Hours. Daily schedule on regular and minimum days.
- After School Care and Activities
- Parking rules and suggestions
- Bus We encourage families to use the Santa Cruz Metro bus service for transportation to Pacific School. It's easy, convenient, and safe!
- School Calendar Note that this page provides both the school Google calendar and printable pdfs for the current and upcoming years.
- Lunch Menu
- Attendance Procedures
- Billing Procedures
- Returning Family Deadlines. This page gives important information about steps you need to take in January to continue in Pacific School the following year.
- Emergency Procedures
- Mission, Vision, and Goals
- Student Health and Wellness information
- School Rules, including discipline procedures
- COVID Response information
- Wellness Guidelines
- Our Homeless Services Coordinator is Superintendent/Principal Eric Gross, egross @ pacificesd.org, 831-425-7002
- 5-Day Classrooms
- Independent Study Program
- Home Study Program
- FoodLab, our signature school lunch program
- Life Lab, our school garden program, which is integrated with FoodLab
- Other Enrichment programs, including Library, Technology/Media Literacy, Music and the arts, Gifted and Talented Education (GATE), etc.
- How to join the school email list
- Volunteer Opportunities. We love volunteers. We are fortunate that both parents and community members including neighbors have been kind enough to help us out with many, many tasks over the years, making it possible to stretch our very limited dollars much farther.
- Parents' Club, also known as the Pacific School Foundation.
- Friends of FoodLab, which supports the FoodLab program.
- Site Council. Site Council is a committee of staff and parents which reviews various school policies and budget decisions.
- Wellness Committee. A staff, student, and parent committee focused on nutrition, physical education, the wellness plan, and related topics.
- Overview of Pacific School's governance and an introduction to Eric Gross, Superintendent/Principal
- School Board, including Board member names and email addresses
- Agendas and Minutes for School Board meetings
- Board Policies
- Various plans, procedures, and policies, including the annual notice to parents, wellness plan, technology plan, complaint procedures, classroom visitation policy, anti-bullying policy, local control accountability plan, enrollment and lottery procedures, etc.